Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Review On The Rusk CTC Lite

Not too long ago, I was reading what has become one of my favorite beauty blogs. Www.honeywerehome.blogspot.com 
began to read about her daily products. She mentioned that her favorite hair dryer was the Rusk Speed Freak. She also mentioned they had a smaller one called the Rusk CTC Lite. I began my Amazon search....the Rusk Speed Freak was around $99 at Ulta, and I found the CTC Lite on amazon for $46, and added it to my wishlist!! Well, since Prince Charming is the very sweetest, he surprised me by buying it for me, a day or two after I put it in there!! I was sooo excited to see this 
in the mail!!! The claim was that this dryer was super lightweight and super fast at drying hair, so I couldn't wait to run my own test!! 

Let me give a little back history on my personal hair...my hair has always been grease proned...so much that when girls say they want shiny hair, I'm thinking, "it's not all it's cracked up to be" lol!! My little sister told me years ago, two things that have definitely proven true for my personal hair, 1. "Melanie, you're letting your hair airdry too long, it's going to get greasy" 2. "If you don't blow it all the way dry, it's going to look greasy!" Both are always true for my hair!!! I literally have to get out of the shower, and immediately dry my hair, and be certain it is dried completely!! Well, ever since cutting my hair off, for some reason, even if I do both of these, at times it still just choses to look greasy, so faster drying sounded like a good solution!! 

Here are my honest thoughts, as a full time mommy(aka, no longer having hours to fix my hair, the quicker, the better) 

First thing I liked was how small it is:
Notice it's size in comparison to my hand, which is very small(I wear a 3 3/4 ring). So yay! Nice and compact, easy to store!! It is also sooo lightweight!! 

Next, it came with two attachments:
Look at that scrunching attachment! Almost as big as the dryer!! You could get a lot of hair scrunched at one time with that bad boy!! 

Settings: were few, but plenty in my opinion! 


So, let's talk time!! Any Mommas understand the importance here! Lol!!
My hair was dry in 4 minutes! Literally!! Started at 11:34, dry at 11:38!! My hair was dried, run over with the Chi, and hair sprayed in 15 minutes total!!! Hallelujah!!

Best of all....I did not have ANY greasiness!! 

Of course, for my own knowledge, I tried it out on my 3 1/2 yr old, Bekah's hair! My hair is greasy and fine. Hers is dry and slightly course. Her hair dried in 3 minutes, and was so pretty and smooth and shiny(but not greasy). 

In other words, I think I'm in love!!!

What are some of your favorite hair product and tool finds??  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 150:6 "Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."