So, yesterday was Monday. Deep breath....ahhhhhh. Mondays are re-organizing days. After the busy hustle and bustle of the weekend, when my hubby who works long and hard weekdays at the company he and his Daddy started a year ago, does not appreciate me cleaning constantly or doing laundry around the clock. So, we do a lot of spending family time, and I just keep up with the madness. So, I spend Mondays deep cleaning, catching up laundry, etc. and yesterday was no different, but it is such a relieving and exciting feeling to look at the house at the end of a Monday :) Yesterday I tried a new recipe I found on Pinterest and it was such a hit. So, I thought I'd share it with anyone who might look at my blog....
Empanada:
1lb ground beef (I used turkey because it is cheaper, and I like it just as much)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 package of 2 pie crusts
1 1/2 cups of freshly shredded monterey jack and medium cheddar cheese(about half and half)
chunky salsa
sour cream
any other toppings(next time we'll do olive slices and shredded lettuce)
1. Preheat oven to 425, and brown meat in skillet. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package.
2. On a cookie sheet, lay out one pie crust, spread meat on top, to about a half an inch from the edges. Top with shredded cheese. I ALWAYS shred my own cheese, after my sister told me that was her secret to why her dishes tasted so different...they put a powder waxy coating on shredded cheese before packaging it to preserve it, making not melt very well.
3. Top with remaining crust and push the edges together with a fork. Bake for 20 minutes, until crust is lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes.
4. Slice like a pie and top with salsa and sour cream and other toppings.
This was really yummy and my hubby LOVES anything mexican. I hope everyone is doing well, and I'm so excited to get back to blogging.
No comments:
Post a Comment