Monday, November 8, 2010

What an Adventure.................


Well,
Bekah turned 6 months the week before last. Can you believe that? It seems like just yesterday we were finding out she was in the oven =) The last six months have been soooo wonderful. This is a time we'll never forget. I am sure it is fun no matter how many children you have, but you are only a first-time parent once. We have learned many things about ourselves and each other in the last six months. Also, becoming a parent completely changes your relationship with the Lord. Before Bekah, we just got up at our regular times and prayed and read our Bibles, there was always free time to stop and meet with the Lord. Now, we have to make the time, getting up earlier, reading and praying during naps, staying up later. However, it seems the Lord blesses the effort in a whole new way. Now, we are not just giving Him our free time, but making time for Him. It has been a blessing to see how this effort (even though at times we'd rather sleep a little longer ;)) has drawn us closer to each other........how do you get even closer after 8 years????? I can't really explain it, but it is amazing! A hug that seems to say, "I know" or "Your a good Mom" or "You're right, stand firm" or simply, "I love you" in the middle of a crazy day, where you haven't really had any sleep and all they have done is cry for whatever the reason may be. Sure, absence makes the heart grow fonder, but these seem to be the moments that really make our hearts knit together in a way no one else can be connected to us. Not only has it been wonderful for us as a couple, but as parents, we LOVE this job. We knew what we were getting into, and therefore, we are not leaving her every weekend, or every chance we get. We WANTED this so badly!!! She'll be gone before we know it, off raising her own family, we want to redeem the time we have with her now! Now, while she is just ours! I know to some that seems crazy, but to us any other idea seems crazy =) Pastor preached yesterday on James 4:14 "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." He preached on "a little time" and how, before we know it, this time will be gone. He told us, if we have our spouse, hug them and cherish them, don't get angry over the things that don't matter. If we have our children, hug them, hold them, kiss them, snuggle them, because before we know it, they'll be grown up and raising their own families. How true, I want to cherish the little time I have, I know not what will come tomorrow, I may be gone, I want to make the time I have count for something..........
So, blogger's photo uploader is giving me all kinds of trouble.... so, here are the captions ahead of time..... Bekah playing with her Daddy's new level!.....Kissing on Meredith's little Paisley =), Paisley made a funny face every attempt!.....Bekah doing the "Granny who forgot her dentures" face........She thought the shirt on her head was really entertaining........6 month checkup, playing with the fun noisy paper!........Playing with Daddy at her checkup.................And, sleeping with her leg out of the rails =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Psalms 150:6 "Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."