So, what brings me back you might ask?!? Well, about a year ago David and I moved our little family into a little single-wide trailer next door to my in-laws...partially because I have dreamed forever of living close to them, and partially because my husband and father-in-law started their own commercial and residential plumbing company. David's commute to work is now about 30 seconds on foot! Yay!! I have had SO much fun living next door to my in-laws...my sister-in-law is David's only sibling and is still at home, so she comes for bike rides, for games, and four-wheeler rides, or just to hang out and watch her brother fix things 😊.
Anywho, I learned yet again, when we moved in here, that there is something inside of me that just has to make every place we live feel like home! So, I began dreaming and planning how I could make things better! However, being a total cheapskate and a steal-finding junkie, I wanted to do this on a penny budget!! I began learning the ropes of yard saling and Craigslisting. Learning a steal from a rip off, and learning a much needed skill to do this on a budget, negotiation!!
Before I knew it, I had remodeled my kitchen, living room, bathrooms and Bekah's room for pennies. I began to learn that this is a LOVE of mine! I don't just like it, I LOVE it!! I get a rush when I make a deal, I get a rush when I refinish a piece of furniture! I just love it all! So, I intend to, once a week show you my renos, until you're all caught up. Telling you any tricks I've learned along the way! I'll give you a little taste....my front bathroom $27, master bath $72, living room(well that one has to have some explaining) kitchen $512, and Bekah's room $75. We're taking new cabinets, flooring, appliances, countertops, fixtures, the whole shabang! I cannot wait to show you pics and give details on each room. Now I'm embarking on cornice boards(out of foam board), curtains(made by muah), and painting, and seriously considering a gallery wall of some kind...which must be done very tastefully and not cluttered looking for the OCD hubby. 😉
Also, I have been trying to do little things for my hubby to show him he's special to me, and that I'm thankful for him, and I want to try to show you some of those ideas each week as well!
Finally, I'd like to praise The Lord for something each post as it is fitting to this blog's title!!
Today, I'd like to praise The Lord for a family that makes any dwelling a HOME, even if it were a shack that was falling apart, it would be home because of the sweet love we share!



Just read over some old posts. Little baby Bekah was sooooo precious! I can't wait for little David III (hehe)
ReplyDelete