Okay, so I have learned lately that there are things pregnant women do that you think are crazy until you are pregnant. Tessa can definitely agree that there is a level of deep responsibility because the decisions I make about my body and my health effect someone else for the next 5 months. So, one thing that I miss the most right now is my hot baths. Your body temperature is not supposed to be elevated over 101 for more than a certain period of time, or else you basically cook your baby and it's DNA. So, they recommend no baths over 101 degrees. Well, I tried that about a month and a half ago when I was so sick, and do you know how cold that is for a bath? Well, it is not even worth it, so I found a way to compensate for this little pleasure I miss so much; at the end of every shower I turn the water straight hot and stand in it for about 2 minutes. Love it, it is one of my favorite parts of the day. Haha, isn't that so silly. As I stood in the steaming hot stream yesterday I thought, I have to blog about this, because if nothing else, Tessa will get a kick out of it. David and I were talking before bed the other night, and I just wanted to let you know Tessa, that for all of the times I acted like you were crazy for how seriously you took the decisions you made for your kids while pregnant(and even now) I am sorry! Publicly, I am sorry! Parenthood is something no one can understand until it is your turn. So, you are not crazy! Not at all. David said the other night, how awful would a mother feel if she went to the doctor and found out she had lost her baby or something was seriously wrong and when she asked how it happened, they gave a list of possible causes and you knew in your heart you had done at least one of the things listed. If the baby came out missing a toe, or something simple like that and I knew it could be because of me, that is a responsibility I never understood before now.
It is wild at the same time, to think that the Lord loves us this same way. He gave me more than His body for nine months, He gave me His life and all that He has for all eternity. Wow! Last night we heard a great message on having a dream for your life, and figuring out if it is your dream for your life, or God's dream for your life. He is a loving father, and He will not force Himself on us. I remember times as a teenager(when it was not something dangerous)when my mom and dad would say nothing, but just sit back and let me learn some things the hard way. Through mistakes, and trial and error. I believe that this does not HAVE to be how it is in my spiritual walk, how much less scars could I have if I would truly pray about every decision before making it. Before saying one word, pray. Before leaving my house, pray. Hmmm. There is one dream I believe the Lord has been bringing up to my attention over and over again lately, it is a dream that could get uncomfortable at times, and I realized last night I need to stop running from it and face it head on. What is this dream? It is to see some of our old friends saved. The Lord has provided opportunities lately where they want to come visit, or want to talk to us. A lot of them are hurting, and searching for something that is missing in their lives, well I know what that missing link is, I have been there too. So why do I so often avoid the moment to tell them about salvation? Maybe it gets me out of my comfort zone, or my safety zone. Well, may God help me to live His dream, and not my own temporal dream. May God make my dream into His dream. He said as well, do we have a dream for our children? I want to start now having a dream for this baby that will help this child to find the Lord's dream for it's own life, and that is an even greater responsibility than anything physical. How often we dream for our kids to grow up and have good jobs, and good educations, and money, and nice homes. What about godly spouses, a heart for souls, to sing for the Lord, to teach Sunday School one day, what about dreams like that, the ones that last an eternity? Hmm, these are things I want to continue to think on, may God burn them into my heart.
Well, that was two totally different subjects, but right now, my mind can be a bit random. Haha, these are the two things on my mind today, strange combo, but nonetheless, that is what they are. By the way next Tuesday is the big day, when we find out what the baby is. Help us pray for a good report of health, and that if something was wrong, we would praise the Lord anyway.
Witnessing to lost friends is such a scary thing. I hope the Lord will give me the right opportunities and the right words to fulfill that dream also.
ReplyDeleteAnd speaking of singing for the Lord...we really need to practice ;)
Umm, yes we do. And yes it is! May we walk through the doors when He opens them. So often, I don't!
ReplyDelete