Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rebekah Dawn!

Okay, the big news is........................It's a girl! Rebekah Dawn Olstad, at this moment she is 80z. only half of a pound! She was precious, and the pictures were amazing! The ultrasound technician said everything looked great! Throughout the entire ultrasound she was opening and closing her hand which brings the chances of any chromosomal defect (down syndrome and such) down to less than 10%. That was a relief since we knew no matter what we would not do any other testing. David, my mom and dad, my mother-in-law, Isabella, and Meredith were all there. It was a really exciting experience and we even got a video of it. Can't wait to watch it! So, here are her pictures of her first photo shoot. Now, to pick out the decorations, and sort through the millions of girl things Tessa has passed to us that are stored in Mom's attic! She is precious already, the Lord has been so good to us. We are so excited!
This one is the new 3D kind, not my favorite pictures, because they make them look alien-like unless the angle is perfect. But it is really neat to see the details, you can see how the plates of her skull have not fused together yet.
She kept putting her hands up to her face and sucked her thumb a couple of times. Look at the detail of her hand, amazing.

These were really neat, you could see her continually swallowing the amniotic fluids.
Look at how long her legs are, she gets that from her daddy.
Sucking her thumb, with her legs curled up! She had her ankles crossed and her knees pulled up, so it took the ultrasound tech about 10-15 minutes to find out what she was. She said she never says unless she feels certain. So I feel confident she's a girl. She is just modest already! :)
Those hands just a going again! Look at her spine in this one!
Another view at how long she is! Her lips are pursed here!
Oh that sweet little Olstad nose!
Another picture of her hands!
Oh that cute little foot!
Just a moving!
Another profile.
I mean, she loves those hands!
Oh, that nose and those lips, precious to me!
Looks like she is examining her hand in this one!
This is one of my favorites, her face is so precious already! All in all, what a monumental week, I have felt her move for the first time, moved into maternity shirts, and now we know her sex and her name! Oh, I love her already! God has been so good, we are truly blessed and highly favored, even though we do not deserve it!

2 comments:

  1. Okay so I got teary eyed just looking at her!! She is so precious and I can't wait to hold her and be her favorite Aunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH!!!! I am sooooo excited Melanie! I want to cry! These are sooo cute! I love her name! You are going to be such a good mommy! :) I can't wait to buy you cute girly stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 150:6 "Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."