Tuesday, April 13, 2010

A Little Bit of Sappiness and Thanksgiving!!

Okay, please promise you do not hate me for being the terrible blogger that I am. I am really really sorry that it has been almost an entire month since I have posted, but to be honest, my mind is a bit pre-occupied with a little girl who will be here before we know it. I finally feel organized, whew! I will post pictures of her room as soon as her bedding gets here, and it is officially put together. There are just a couple of things I would like to thank the Lord for in this post, which I intend to keep brief.
Number one, the Friday before last I was in a car accident that totalled my car. David told me when we first got pregnant, "what a blessing to know that we don't have to stress out and ring our hands about how we will provide for her. We are trusting the Lord to provide our needs, and through providing our needs (which He does every time) He will provide hers as well." Well, after the accident David's Dad picked us up and took us to the Hospital, where I went up to the Labor and Delivery floor on my own, until they parked and made their way up. There I was, standing in the bathroom, changing into a hospital gown, and it became so real to me that I really have no control over this situation, the Lord could allow me to loose her right here and now, was I okay with that? Was I really trusting Him? I stood there, and had a minor melt down, and just begged the Lord to touch her, and take care of her. And He did. I am so thankful that in such a scary moment, where even David couldn't fix everything for me, I had a heavenly Father I could trust in, whether the outcome was what I hoped for or not. I am so thankful to be His child.
Second, I have been a little sappy and emotional lately about the fact that my little Anna-Marie is getting married and moving away. I am soooo happy for her, Dusty is everything I have ever wanted her to find in a husband, and then some. However, someone once said when we had a friend leaving our church to go to a new church where her husband was becoming the Pastor, "if I had known this day was coming, I think I would have called her more, spent more time with her, hugged her more, you know, those types of things." Well, that is how I feel right now! Like I have wasted days when I could have gone to see her, while she was just minutes away! If you have a sister, particularly one that is very close to you in age, that you shared a room and clothes with your whole life, then you know the love that is in my heart for her that I cannot really even begin to express. I thought though, just a couple of years ago, Anna was a very different person. Ever since we became adults we have been close, but she was in a world that was going to ruin her life. I remember that burden that I felt for her, I wanted her to have the happiness only the Lord could give, and today I want to publicly thank the Lord for the day He saved my baby sister, and set her free from that lifestyle. That I know she is going off to marry a man who loves the Lord, what a blessing!!! I am so thankful for the last year and a half that the Lord has given us to serve Him together, to sing together, to go to church together, to encourage each other. What a blessing and a help she has been to me, as I have tried to serve the Lord. What a blessing she has been to my husband, who loves her like he does his own little sister. Well, it is easier for me to get these things out on paper than in person. But, my sisters are some of the most precious people in my life. They have seen me at my best and my worst. And I am so thankful they are going to be in Heaven with me when I die! Even if she was moving further than just an hour and a half away, what a blessing to know I will spend eternity with her in Heaven, no matter what, that is something no one can take away from us. Nena, I love you! This is my little ode to you, I guess. Sorry for the mushiness, at least I didn't do it in person.
Well, pray for us, Rebekah will be here soon, and we so desire to be the best parents we can be, with the Lord's help. Hope everyone has the best day ever!!!!



36 Weeks

3 comments:

  1. You look ADORABLE! It is way cool to see it on a picture because it looks like it happened over night. I also wanted you to know that I ugly face cried when I read this. But I love you a lot. And the Lord has been so good to us! Thanks for loving me like the picture in your bathroom says "Love me when I deserve it least, because that's when I need it the most". I love you Mem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, such a sweet blog post. You look so cute preggo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I'm Kristi! I go to Faith in Shelby. I enjoyed reading your ode to Anna. She is so sweet. I just love her. I promise we'll take good care of her while she and Brother Dusty make a life with each other here. :)

    And you do look adorable! I don't ever remember looking or feeling THAT cute when I was pregnant. ha!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 150:6 "Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."