Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Rebekah Dawn Olstad

Okay, okay I know I have not blogged even once since she has been born, and that was 5 weeks and 4 days ago. But, I just don't find the computer to be near as important now days! I want to take advantage of every moment she is awake! She is so sweet. I don't think anyone but family follows my blog, but I will just give the details in case. She was born April 28th at 2:15pm after only 11 hours total of labor. She was 8 days early, which totally caught me off guard since that makes me the only one in my family to go early. And she was 7lbs13.4oz and 20 1/4 inches long. She is so sweet, and watching her grow is so much fun. Hearing her cry is sooooo much harder than I ever imagined it would be, and I love her more than I knew I could. I have a new way that I love David too, when I see him with her. He is such a great dad, he actually rarely lets me hold her on the weekends because he wants every moment he can get with her. This has been one of the best times of my life, and also some of the most soul-searching times as well, you have to always re-evaluate what you are doing and make sure you are doing what is not only best for you, but for her too. At times it is stressful, but I know one day I will look back and be sorry if all I do is complain and get stressed out. So, I am just along for the ride, all I have to go on is instinct, because this is my first time on this adventure. Love you all, and hope you enjoy the newest pictures of her, thanks to Miss Regina (our pianist and paparazzi at church)!
She is such a daddy's girl! And he is such a good Daddy!
This is my favorite face she makes!

I think purple is her color!






She likes to smile a lot.

1 comment:

  1. Soooo cute Melanie! You guys are such great parents already!!! :) And she is just ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Psalms 150:6 "Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD."